Small miracles are still miracles!

Dear friends and family,

I realize it has been over a month since my last update. It has been almost two months since we had the surgery. Please forgive me for being distant.

I wish I could report that all is well. That is part of the reason for my lack of reports. There is not much to report. I have not had much improvement with the numbness on my right side. It has steadily increased. I think we have finally hit bottom. I don't think we can get much more numb than this! The good news is that I am learning to navigate better with my numbness. My physical therapist says that I am getting more coordinated and stronger with every session. I hope so!

Another good thing is that I am experiencing significantly less pain. We went through a season when I was using pain pills several times a day just to survive. I'm able to just use one every other day or so when I'm having really rough time. This feels like the greatest blessing. The pain was really causing me to suffer and feel discouraged.

I have started going to hyperbarics again. I have also been going to a chiropractor in Pocatello that has helped me a lot. It seems like I'm always going to at least one doctor's appointment every day. It is not my favorite use of time, but I am grateful to have so many people keeping an eye out on me. I'm also grateful that insurance will pay for the hyperbaric treatments. That's pretty amazing.

We made it through the end of May which is always so busy for our family. Abby graduated and she moved to Wyoming to work at a hotel as a front desk person. We got her delivered this last week. She is doing hard things and I'm proud of her! 






Dennis is off on the California trip this week. I know he's worried about me, but I'm grateful he gets to go and have some fun. He was able to get the garden planted before he left. We have also been struggling with lots of car problems so he has been up to his eyeballs in repairs. 

Drew is very busy with band camps this week. He is helping at Highland and Century he will be working some long days this week. Gideon and Mary also have band camp this week for Snake River. Mary is working her new job at Walmart and has some long shifts as well. She is working in the garden center and able to water a lot of plants every day.

Hannah made the dance team for the Snake River pantherettes. She starts practices next week.  I love dance so I am excited to watch her.

That is the latest update! I continue to be blessed by your faith and prayers. I am feeling held up and strengthened by the Savior's love. 

All my love,

Emilie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More hard news

Winter Adventures

A quick update