A quick update

Dear friends and family

This is just a quick update from my last doctor's visit on Monday. We met with Dr. Hale. He showed us that the numbers were going up and that my last scan showed an increase in the number of granulomas in my lungs. He explained that our current regimen of chemo had lost its effectiveness. Basically, the cancer has begun to outsmart my current chemo. We will change to a new kind of chemo. It's nickname is Reggo. We will start this new regimen as soon as the insurance is authorized.

The good news:

[1] I don't have to go get an infusion every two weeks. The new chemo is simply a pill.

[2] This new chemo can cross the blood brain barrier. This means that has a chance and working on my tumor in my brain. The Braftovi was unable to do that.

[3] The side effects of the Reggo did not seem too bad. He said it can cause a rash and it can effect my bowels.

The bad news:

[1] Like the Braftovi, the Reggo has a chance of losing its effectiveness quite quickly.

[2] We can look into some immunotherapy, but we are running out of options.

Update on my pain:

The last few weeks have been very difficult trying to manage my pain. I'm trying some different combinations of pain medication, muscle relaxers, and anxiety medicine. I'm trying to find the right combination that will ease my muscle spasms. I think we are getting closer!

Thank you all for your prayers on my behalf. I have had a few days in a row that I felt my pain was managable! God is good! 

Lots of love,

Emilie



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More hard news

Winter Adventures