It's a "drop"!!!

 Dear friends and family,


I have some good news! I am so excited to share. 

Monday, I went to my doctor's appointment to do my infusion. The infusion is a part of my new chemo treatment. I also take daily chemo pills.

One of the lab tests that they do is called the CEA. It is also nicknamed “tumor marker.” This test just gives the doctors a general idea how well the treatment is working. They tell you not to get too excited or take too much stock in this number as it just gives them a general idea.

 My CEA has been very high. A month ago, it was at 135. On Monday I got the results from my test two weeks ago---it had dropped to 29! I was hesitant to believe it. Could it have really dropped that far?  I was anxious to find out what my CEA would be this week. The doctor called me Tuesday to report that my CEA from Monday had dropped to 9! It is so exciting! I really think we are headed in the right direction! 

Thank you for your faith and prayers. In our family, we call this a "drop." When you are so overwhelmed with the Lord's goodness- that you can't help but drop to your knees! 

The Lord has sustained me and given me strength to endure the last few months. During this time, it was hard for me to see all the good things that the Lord was doing. Now that I am not so overwhelmed with my numbness, I can see these other blessings:

My cough has improved.

My coordination and balance have increased.

My new chemo has fewer side effects- no more nausea and less fatigue. It gives me a rash on my face, but I can control it with a steroid cream.

I have significantly less pain.

My nose no longer drips constantly, and I don’t have painful sores.

The Lord is so good to me!

Feeling humbled and grateful for your love and faith. He has heard our prayers!!

Lots of Love, Emilie



Comments

  1. So grateful to hear this good news! I will now "drop" to my knees in thanksgiving .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

More hard news

Winter Adventures

A quick update