The Lord is near. So many tender mercies!

Dear Family,









Hannah had a bday! Her friends threw her a surprise party when we were in Mexico. So grateful! THANK YOU! She had a blast. Yesterday we did a shopping trip, found her some shoes, and got her ears pierced! My mom was the chauffeur. It was a super fun girls day. Feeling grateful for the Lord sending stamina and a helper.

    It has been a rough few weeks! I would really like to go back to Mexico! My cough has returned with the cold air. The side effects of the steroid I am taking are very annoying so I complained to the doctor last Monday. (I feel crazy, starving, and I am losing sleep) The doctor reccomended that I try to wean off. I took one pill a day last week and I am taking 1/2 pill a day this week. I did not think it was making a difference with the numbness--- but apparently it was. My numbness has reached debilitating levels. My strength is completly gone on my right side.  I am pretty discouraged as everything seems more difficult. I am really grieving the loss of my mobility! 

    My morning routine takes extra time to navigate, but I have found a few helps. A shower chair is helping with stabilty in the shower and it allows me to sit while getting ready. I borrowed a cane to help with walking, (Thanks Aunt Jo!) but my balance ia still a problem.   Dennis had the inspiration to try a crutch yesterday. That is working better! I am finding I can drive with my left foot, but it is a bit awkward.

    Yesterday morning I said a heartfelt prayer. I really poured out my heart and explained my struggles. I asked how mucn longer I needed to wait. I asked if He was aware, and if He saw my daily troubles. As I read the scriptures, these messages stood out to me..

"I will plead your cause"
"I will help you"
"I am near"
"I will comfort you in your waste places"
"Wait on me"
"Hearken unto me"
"I know ye are weary"
"when ye are weary, he waketh morning by morning"- 
'walk in the light of your fire and in the sparks ye have kindled" 

I was in awe at His loving response from the scriptures. This seemed like a direct response to my pleadings. Then he sent angels to reassure me. So many angels!

I had a zoom appointment for work at 11:00 am, so I dragged myself out of bed and got ready. 

Side note: I am working on getting certified as a independent finacial advisor. My dear friend Heather is. my trainer and it has been so helpful to have something to focus on that I enjoy!) She has been giving me her time and is helping to push and motivate me. So grateful for her right now. She was my first angel of the day.

 Throughout the day, other messages of love and support came pouring in. "I see  you. You are amazing. You got this. I believe in you. I'm sorry you are struggling! I am thinking about you."  It was overwhelming to feel so much love. It was a tender mercy dump! 

I also saw my dear friend (and doctor) at my MRI appointment Monday. This meeting was obviously divinly orchestrated as well! Knowing the Lord sent him gave me strength to face the MRI. They can be really painful for me.  I feel  so loved! Thanks so much to everyone who reached out in the last few days. I know many are praying daily as well. Thank you. I can feel it!

 You have been a direct answer to a heartfelt prayer. 

Thank you for your giving hearts.
I love you!
Emilie

Comments

  1. We love you, Emily, and admire your strength and faith so much. We hate that you are suffering and pray for you to feel peace and comfort.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

More hard news

Winter Adventures

A quick update