Christmas Blessings

Dear Family,

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! I hope you all had a wonderful day and that your New Year is memorable!

I have been feeling really good this week. My gut healing medicine from  the company "Goodness Lover" has been amazing and has made such a difference for my belly. We found out that I have some degenerated facets in my back that are causing some Arthritis. My back seems to behave as long as my bowels are functioning. I still cannot lay directly flat on my back, but during the day I have not experienced very much pain except the few days directly following Chemo when my bowels are angry.

My numbness has decided to include my right leg. It started a few days ago. It is a bit more intrusive than the upper half of my body. It is difficult to walk and stand for long periods of time. Driving is also a bit difficult. My leg and foot are still functioning, but it is a bit sluggish. It trips me quite often. I also find stairs are difficult. I am meeting with the Radiation Oncologist this week just to fill him in on my struggle. I do not have much hope that he can help the numbness. I believe that I will just have to wait for the swelling to go down in my brain. 

I really am excited to start exercising again. I know now that I will not hurt my back by movement. That is good news. Who knows. maybe I can do yoga with a weak leg? I will let you know. 

Our Christmas was wonderful. Camille has been visiting us and she is so fun. We love playing games with her and spending time with her. We were able to have everyone home Christmas Eve for our special dinner (except Brandon and Kenzie and Jamie and Tate). Brandon and Kenzie visited us on Tuesday. We enjoyed hearing about their Christmas. Joe made us a fun Jeopardy game to play and we had some really good laughs. We also got to spend some time with some of my siblings this week. Natalie came to town for a few days so got together and had some fun days spending time with them. It was so wonderful! Brenda and Adam made us El Salvadorian food. It was delicious! We also made it to the temple do do some Baptisms. It was so fun. I am so excited to include Hannah this year in the Baptism trips! We can finally all go together!



                                 Here is Dennis's Masterpiece he made for the Nickell Family Party. 
                                He also made a Christmas tree pizza and some yummy cheesy bites.


My favorite part of the Nickell Family Party is the Nativity. I always feel the spirit as we sing Christmas songs and act out the Nativity. This year, what touched me is that God has a plan for each of us. He went to all the effort to put the new star in its precise orbit so it would shine on the newborn Christ Child. I think he can handle orchestrating my miracles and timing as well. I am in good hands. 


We really enjoyed lots of hang out time, game time, and puzzle time.  A perfect "stay-cation."



Here is our Christmas Eve picture with our new blankets.  

 



                                Joe spent so much time creating this jeopardy game. It was so fun 
                                                    and it made our Christmas Eve perfect.

                                                            
                                                                Christmas Morning!


This weekend, we got to go to Utah for our Brent Hansen Christmas party. It was such a fun party. They had so many fun activities planned, and the kids had a blast. I love to watch the cousins have fun and play together. It makes my heart happy. The highlight of the party was the nativity reenactment. The kids took it very seriously. Hannah made a perfect Angel.  It touched my heart to see them reverently worship the Savior. It was truly a sacred moment, and I feel privileged to have been a witness. 


Sweet Gracie made me smile when she was trying to direct the action from the stairs. She was so cute trying to whisper-shout to them. "Sing the Song!" she urged several times. She was so sad that they did not follow her directions. She really wanted the wise men to sing "We Three Kings." She is going to do great things! I can tell she has good ideas.  Love that girl. 


                                                Here is the adorable crew all assembled. 


Here is my close up of the perfect actor who played Baby Jesus. This is my great Nephew, Kirk. He is so adorable! His mom, Sarah, has been visiting me during her maternity leave. It has been so fun to spend time with them. I love the baby snuggles so much! Thank you, Sara for making time for me!

The highlight of my Christmas was a beautiful priesthood blessing that was given to me on Christmas Eve. My brother, Adam, gave the blessing. It was so beautiful. I am still reeling from the promises and validation from the Lord that I received. It was a Christmas Miracle! I feel like the Lord restored my hope. "I will not leave you comfortless. I will come to you." John 14:18.

 I love this quote by Elder  Holland: "Some blessings come soon, and some come late, and some don't come until heaven; but for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ, they come!" 

I will lean into the promises I have received, and trust in his will and timing. The Lord is so good!
I am so grateful for the knowledge of our Savior, Jesus Christ. I am grateful to know Him and to be constantly surrounded by his love. I hope that you all have been surrounded by His love this Christmas, and will all continue to draw on His enabling power as we enter this new year. I am sending prayers and love your way. 

Love, 
Emilie


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More hard news

Winter Adventures

A quick update