The Struggle is Real
Dear Family,
I have really been struggling lately. It just seems like I finally get to take a step forward, then I fall eight steps back. This time it actually was eight steps! (Give or take- I should go count them!) Literally. I fell down some stairs. UGH. I decided to miss the top step in the back alcove at the play. It has been two weeks on Tuesday and I am still really suffering.
If I am honest, This has been a very discouraging setback. My back keeps spasming. I have some bruised ribs. I have a sprained finger. The bruises on my face and side ARE are starting to fade a bit. (I am grateful that I don't look quite so abused now!)
Here are my wounds on my chin and my ribs!It is difficult to get into a comfortable position at night. I surround myself with pillows and heating pads, and pray a lot. Some nights are good, some are not. Last night was not good. Combined with the back spasms, I am also suffering from the chemo this week. It really messes with my stomach sometimes. The stomach cramps were so unbearable! They seemed to cause my back to spasm more.
I woke up this morning feeling SO picked on. I am so tired. So tired of pain. I got down on my knees and prayed for mercy, for relief. I prayed a lot through the evening as well. I did feel some relief, and I was able to make it through church. I know the Lord answered my prayer.
Church was a strange experience today. I usually love church. Everything about it. I love worshiping together with people I love. Today I just felt alone. Empty. Like I had nothing to give. It was taking every source of strength just to not break down and cry. I could not look anyone in the eye. I could not get through the halls quick enough to get to my car. What am I so afraid of?
I think I am afraid of being real. Of telling everyone that I am having a hard time. I am usually so good at finding silver linings. What if there is not any silver linings to find this time?
I know that is not true. God is a God of miracles. I know that. He is aware of me and knows how hard this last little while has been for me. I won't stay here in my pity. I will put one foot in front of the other. I guess I just wanted to be real. To let you know--you are not alone! If you are feeling like life is hammering you lately. I get you! But most importantly, there is someone who truly understands your pain. Jesus Christ is waiting to hold you, to help you.
I love this scripture from this weeks reading. Hebrews 4:16:
"Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need."
This scripture spoke to my heart this morning and I boldly asked for His help. He is so ready to give us help! I will continue to ask for help as I try to pull myself out of this struggle. I really could use your continued prayers!
Thanks for all you do.
Love, Emilie
Comments
Post a Comment