A Wonderful Reprieve!
Dear Family,
Thank you all for the love and concern you have communicated after my last post! It has been a hard few months, but I am feeling the load lifted.
We decided to cut the chemo back to 50% at my last appointment two weeks ago. It made a huge difference in my side effects. My nose is so much better and does not burn or hurt as much. I also had significantly less nausea. I am so grateful for the reprieve! I am still really struggling with the cough. It is persistent! We did our CAT scan a little earlier than originally scheduled. We are hopeful to see if there is anything treatable concerning the cough. We will also see how the cancer is responding to treatment recently.
I pushed back my chemo that was supposed to be tomorrow for one more week. This week is performance week for Willy Wonka and I need all of my strength to make it through. (Hannah is doing so well- she will preform Tues, Friday at 7pm, and the Saturday Matinee at 2:00 pm if you want to come support her!) The other cast preforms Monday, Thursday and Saturday at 7:00 pm.
I was also able to get an MRI this week to follow up on the spot in my brain. The great news is that nothing new has popped up and the spot we treated looks very small! Overall, I am very optimistic. I am really hoping the cancer will still stay at bay with the reduced dose. I am also praying and searching for an alternative pathway of treatment to open up soon.
This week the kids finished off their marching band season. We were able to help at the game and competition with pulling the heavy props on the field. After the game, my lungs burned and hurt and I had a pretty good coughing fit. I was praying for help to make it through the Saturday competition. As we were nearing the doors of the Holt Arena, a young man from our ward offered to take my place. I told him I would be ok, and then immediately regretted it! The Lord had answered my prayer and I had totally missed it. I pulled the backdrop on the field and ran off. His dad was on the sidelines and offered to retrieve the backdrop for me. The Lord did not give up on me even though I missed the first angel. I felt so very grateful for this tender mercy.
Abby was able to get her Senior pictures taken Saturday morning. She wanted to take some in the auditorium as she loves drama and singing. I was able to get the keys I needed and arrange everything even though it was last minute. Another "drop" as we call it in our family. We figuratively drop to our knees and send up thanks as we see how good the Lord is to us. Here is a sneak peak of the cute dress she chose to wear.
Dennis finished his cross country season and we were able to host a end of season party for them. It was as crazy as you would imagine it with almost thirty 7th and 8th graders running around our backyard. They seemed to have a lot of fun.
I was able to speak at at a Relief Society meeting last week. My topic was "Finding joy in the journey." It gave me a chance to reflect on my story and really look for the silver linings. It is always amazing in hindsight to see how God has been working in my life. My conclusion from writing that talk was "How can I keep from singing?" When I walk with God and my Savior it is easy to find joy. They ARE JOY! Their love and mercy and enabling power fill me to overflowing. My miracle has not fully come yet, but I am carried, strengthened, and blessed mightily every day. I am so grateful for the deep, personal relationship with them that I have received because of my struggles.
Other tender mercies from this week: A temple trip with a dear friend, a very short Honor's Society Meeting, and two successful performances of Willy Wonka for the schools!
Love,
Emilie



Comments
Post a Comment