BIG NEWS and everyday battles.
Dear Family,
It has been a crazy month! So much to report on. This is why I need to try to write every week. I get overwhelmed with the back log!
The first and most crazy news is that Alexa is MARRIED! No... not engaged! Married! She and her boyfriend went to the courthouse on Wednesday, August 30th and eloped. It was just the two of them (and his brother, who took a few pictures.) They made the decision quickly after he returned home from basic training. His name is Ryker Harrison. They met in marching band at ISU before Alexa's mission, and Ryker was faithful at writing to Alexa. The started dating October 2022. They are so excited to be married and start their life together. They are living in the basement of our duplex in Pocatello. We will let you know what they decide about having a reception or open house. We are excited for them! We love Ryker and we know he will treat Alexa well.
It was so fun to spend time with Alesha and her family. She was married in the Phoenix temple. The ceremony was so special. I'm so glad we could go! Dennis drove me to the Gilbert and Mesa temple for a quick picture. (I am collecting temples--I want to visit them all!) One other fun thing that happened was that I met my second cousin at Alesha's luncheon! She told me she was related to people from Blackfoot and so we pulled out "relative finder" on family search! Sure enough---our moms are cousins! Her name is Thea Greaves and she is so fun! Sometimes you have to travel a bit to meet your own family! Anyway...the trip was so needed! I loved spending some alone time with Dennis! We have been married for 9 years. Our anniversary was on July 5th.
We enjoyed camping at Stoddard's Creek over Labor Day with Dennis's family. They are so fun to be with. We felt blessed that the weather cooperated! It rained quite a bit, but mostly at night.
The kids are staying busy! Abby is a senior this year! She is in chambers and they had a quick retreat to Bear Lake! She fell asleep on the beach and got very sunburned! We also had an adventure trying to get a dress for her for Homecoming. The dress came in the mail (the day before) and did not fit well at all. We were blessed to find a dress in Rexburg on Facebook Marketplace. It was the right size and much more modest. My mom and I met the morning of the dance, hemmed it, and made a few modifications. We were sewing on it at the same time! One on the top and one on the bottom. It turned out lovely! We felt very grateful for the Lord helping with that predicament! Also so grateful for my angel mother and her master sewing skills!
Mary is loving marching band and just tried out for RIFT again. (It is an indoor drumline) Drew tried out as well. Mary is buried with difficult classes this year. She has three college classes. She s working hard to conquer them! I am proud of her hard work. Drew is talking about serving a mission after RIFT ends in May.
Gideon is loving choir and drama. Abby, Gideon and Hannah are all taking voice lessons. Mary and Hannah are sticking with piano this year. Hannah is involved in Willy Wonka JR. I get to be in charge of her group. Practices started this week! I am loving it!
We finished with radiation on my shoulder August 25th. After we finished, I had a week of strange side effects with my throat. I felt like I had a large lump in my throat and it hurt to swallow. It is starting to feel better and the lymph node itself feels smaller and less tender now.
This chemo round has been harder than usual. I am having a lot of pain with my nose. It burns and hurts often, bleeds randomly, and constantly runs. I have a terrible cough and have lots of coughing fits. I have had to prop myself up at night to keep from coughing. It has been really rough! I normally have a good week where I feel pretty good. That has not been the case this round. I have been praying more deliberately for peace and strength to deal with this trail. I have felt Heaven's help. It is not better, but I can feel the strengthening power. So grateful for my Savior!
We got a new Bishopric today at church and I got to teach the lesson. The topic was "How can I find comfort in Jesus Christ when a loved one dies?" It was an emotional day. I felt the Lord had given me the experiences I have had so I could testify of my Savior and his strengthening power. My experiences from week, learning to lean more on Him, added to my testimony.
HE LIVES! HE IS RISEN!
I am so grateful for that knowledge. I am so excited for the day that I will stand before Him, complete and whole.
May you all feel His strength this week as you face your battles.
Love,
Emilie
"But thanks be to God, which giveth me the VICTORY through my Lord Jesus Christ." (1 Corinthians 15:57)


Comments
Post a Comment