A crazy busy week!

Hey all!

I knew I was in trouble for scheduling so much this week when we had our family calendaring meeting on Sunday night. I usually do so much better at avoiding scheduling things on a chemo week! It just did not happen that way this week. 

Monday was a typical chemo day.  Slept most of it, and got a blog post out that evening. That felt good as I have been needing to update for awhile. My heart was full of gratitude for everyone's kindness towards the fundraiser. I was feeling so ungrateful for not yelling THANK YOU from the rooftops! It truly was overwhelming and unexpected. THANK YOU again!

Tuesday, I behaved, and tried to stay in bed most of the day. Holding still is not my favorite activity. I try to sleep when my body will let me. The part of me that feels connected to productivity for my self worth really throws a temper tantrum on these days! I have to constantly tell myself that I am ok, and that my week will go better if I just hold still. I listen to audiobooks, podcasts,  or read books. I pray and read my scriptures. I did have to drag myself out of my pajamas for mutual. We had a planning meeting at my house. It is always fun to see the girls. They make me smile!

Wednesday started busy and stayed busy. I took Gideon to the orthodontist first thing.  I had to meet the art judge for our Snake River Fine Arts Crawford Cup and give her a check. (I am the treasurer). The art judge turned out to be a good friend! I was so happy to catch up with her.  We had a wonderful chat. I worked with another friend on some choreography for Bright Star. We are just doing one dance. That was fun and got my creative juices flowing a bit.

I had an appointment to get my knee checked out at 3:00 pm. I twisted it on the cruise on a slippery deck and it has been giving me some trouble. The doctor is suspicious of a torn meniscus. I will get an MRI and see if surgery is needed. Unfortunately, he said that these things do not usually heal themselves. That was NOT super exciting news! Still praying it is something else and it will get better on it's own. I really don't want to add knee surgery to my life right now. (We have some really fun summer plans, and that could really slow me down!) The good news is that it is a twenty minute orthoscopic surgery. Recovery does not have a lot of restrictions. I just can't exercise right away. I am really missing my exercise! It is my therapy. Exercise does amazing things for my mood. I have put it on hold to try not to injure myself further for now. 

Wednesday night was the first night of Crawford Cup. Crawford Cup is our annual competition for Snake River Fine Arts. We also fundraise to give money to Seniors for fine arts scholarships.  It has been fun being involved. I love the committee members! Abby participated and sang a number. She did really well! It is a two day event. Wednesday night was Female Vocal, Piano, and Thursday was Male Vocal, Instrumental, and Drama. We learned a few things from the experience that hopefully will go a bit smoother next year! It is always good to learn and grow. 

 Here is Abby's song: https://youtu.be/m4OnALXK4fY

Thursday I subbed at Ridgecrest Elementary as a Para for Special Ed. I had signed up for the job quite a while ago, and did not want to cancel. It went well, even though I was a bit wiped. So good to see my friends that work there! I had to run to Idaho Falls to get my shot right after school. and then go directly to Crawford cup. Gideon and Abby had dress rehearsals every night for Little Mermaid. Luckily they did not need a lot of help and could get themselves to practice. 

Friday was Gideon's Birthday! I can't believe he is 14! Dennis made him a special breakfast, and then we went to play practice. We were teaching the song I helped choreograph, and Gideon had to be there for this scene, so he was in for a busy birthday. I ran him to grab a bite to eat on his break but he was there until 3:00 pm. 


We are having so much fun with Bright Star! The dancing, the singing, the family...AHHH...heaven! I am loving that Abby, Abrahm, his girlfriend Alivia, and Gideon are all doing it. Performances will be the last week of June! Come and see us! It is seriously so fun. 



Here is a sneak peak of the play! (This was done by master choreographer, Heidi Palmer!)

https://www.facebook.com/reel/191821650363047?fs=e&s=m

We had just enough time to make dinner and get them ready for opening night of Little Mermaid! I wanted to go and support. (Mostly because it was Gideon's birthday and I wanted to make them sing to him or something!) My tired body gave out!  I crashed at 7 pm for the night. 

Saturday was equally busy with play practice, a voice recital, and then little mermaid again. Dennis did get the Christmas lights taken down. What a glorious day! The sunshine!!! I wanted to be outside! I did get my swing hung and my pillows repaired, washed and out on the porch!  Bring on the summer! The cats will be happy.  (I just really wish they did not shed so much on my pillows!) The voice recital was AWESOME. I will post some videos! 

This one is their duet: https://youtu.be/cn8Mc0YSDiU

This one was a group number they did: https://youtu.be/8DA4EFVFgA0

We went to "Little Mermaid" Saturday night. Abby and Gideon did very well. We enjoyed the play so much. It is worth watching! It is playing Friday, Saturday, and Next Monday at the Nuart Theatre at 7:30 pm. 



Today I taught the lesson in our fifth Sunday meeting about Family History. I LOVE family history and I am so passionate about it. I was a bit longwinded, and not watching the time, and I hope the youth will forgive me. I just want the youth to love it as much as I do!  I decided to stay behind and teach and then catch up to my family at our niece Jazlynn's mission farewell. I am excited for her! She will be a hardworking missionary!

This week I have been pondering what it means to be a shepherd. I love that Jesus is the "Good Shepherd!" He will go to any lengths to protect and provide for His sheep. He goes before his sheep to find the perfect place. He makes sure that that have what they need--not just the bare minimum.  He makes sure they are blessed with an abundance of everything good. 

 I learned that shepherds often build a wall of rocks to surround the sheep. Then lay down and act as the door to the fold. I love the imagery of Jesus laying down His life to protect his sheep. I am so grateful for Jesus! I have found an abundance of peace and love in His watchful care. I have definitely felt his strength this week as I navigated all of our activities. 

I hope you are equally blessed by your Good Shepherd!

Love, Emilie 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More hard news

Winter Adventures

A quick update