A BIG THANK YOU and some fun miracles!
Dear family and friends,
It has been a crazy few weeks! (I added quite a few activities to the mix to make it busy. I blame myself-- I apologize for my lack of news!)
First things first. I need to thank everyone for your generosity in giving to the fundraiser that Natalie organized. (Just for clarification; she asked for forgiveness--not permission!) I am blessed with a generous, loving, action-oriented family and friends and I love all of you! I have been unsure how to put into words what your generosity means to me. It feels so overwhelming. I feel that I have been at the receiving end of your generosity WAY to many times. There are no words to express my gratitude. The fundraiser raised over $6000, which covered our out of pocket expenses for our medical bills this year. THANK YOU!! It has lowered my stress levels significantly. My favorite part was reading all of your comments of love and support. My heart just wanted to burst. I can not tell you what your support has meant to me over the years!
Also, my "nuke as you go," radiation treatment came and went without incident. I was actually painting the downstairs family room in the morning before my treatment, trying to get it finished. I was able to come home and finish the project. What a blessing! Special thanks to my mom who came and painted ON HER BIRTHDAY (and tried to convince me that this is the best way to spend her day). I have the best mom! I know it was the power of prayer that pulled me through this scary treatment so seamlessly. Thank you for your prayers and fasting in my behalf! I know we are being heard. I have had no noticeable side effects! General Conference that weekend was SO GOOD! I love listening to to prophet and apostles!
Special thanks to Joseph for wanting to earn money and getting me motivated to do this big project! Thanks to Gideon and Hannah for helping and Grandma Nickell for bringing a crew Saturday night!
The finished product! Of course I forgot to take a before pic! The walls were an ugly dark brown and the roof and ugly light brown. It is so much lighter and open! Love it!
This week has been so fun! I have so many fun things to report. I took my mom and dad to a performance of "Shen Yuen" on Wednesday for my mom's bday. It was a exquisitely-done concert! The costumes were beautiful and modest, the dancing was jaw-dropping, and the acrobatics were phenomenal. The stories they depicted were based on ancient Chinese traditions. (Since serving my mission in Hong Kong, I love anything connected to Chinese culture!)
We also followed up with the doctor concerning Mary's right wrist that has been hurting her. We did a MRI and did not see a cartilage tear. No news is good news?! We are going to try physical therapy and rest.
Other events of the last few weeks: Mary got a crown on her tooth and finished her experience with RIFT. (Indoor drum line) We helped with concessions for their fundraiser and thoroughly enjoyed their masterful show. It is so fun to see three of your kids preform at the same time! (Alexa, Mary, and Drew) Brandon is also one of the leaders and creators, and I am so proud of him! I have some talented kids!
Here is a link to the video: https://youtu.be/nS0iKaV9qAU
We also enjoyed a few of Alexa's end of the year concerts at ISU. So good! Joseph is finishing up his semester at ISU and will finish in a few weeks. He is studying computer science and is enjoying it! Abrahm is working at State Hospital South and just finished his online classes for BYUI. He pulled off A's and B's, even in his math class!
Camille has been working hard on her presentation of her Cancer research. She has done the presentation several times and we were privileged to listen to her practice. She is doing some amazing things. Overcoming so many fears and challenges along the way. She has been officially accepted into a lab, where she will do research for the next 6-8 years. She was able to explain her research on a basic level and we understood it. That seems like a win!
Gideon and Abby have been involved in the production of "The Little Mermaid." This week is dress rehearsal with performances starting on Friday. (Gideon's bday!) Performances will be April 28, 29, May 1, May 5, May 6, and May 8th. They are in for a busy few weeks!
We were blessed with the stomach flu this last week. Gideon, Abby, and Hannah all had some time out of school throwing up and experiencing chills and fever. We really cannot afford for them to miss more school, but we had no choice! They are still catching up from the cruise! I feel blessed. I sat next to Gideon for several hours both days and helped him with some catch-up work. I somehow did not get sick! I'm telling you, God is so good to me!
We also had a first-ever Easter Devotional at my moms; complete with crepes. (A perfect combination!) It was a smashing success. Easter is officially my new favorite holiday. I loved the focus on Jesus! I loved thinking about Easter egg hunts and how captivating they are. (Thank you, Real Talk Podcast for this insight!) Every time the kids found an egg, it brought such joy. It never gets old! That is how I feel about Jesus! Every time I turn to him, I am delighted with his ever-present gifts of joy and peace! I loved singing songs and worshiping my Savior. What a fitting celebration.
I am sure that you all have heard the devastating news of Highland High School cafeteria, gym, band and choir rooms burning down. We have been privileged to inside information from Brandon as he is the percussion instructor. Our hearts hurt for their loss! He has been making inventory of the damage and so far it is almost a million dollars of lost instruments and equipment. Trying to remember everything they had has been a challenge. The community has been so supportive. They are going to need to borrow instruments and a practice space to begin marching band in a timely manner. They are starting online school tomorrow. It will be a interesting process as they try to sort it all out. Prayers for all involved would be appreciated!We started rehearsals for "Bright Star" this week. Abrahm, his girlfriend Olivia, Gideon, Abby, and I are all participating. It is one of my all time favorite plays, so I just could not resist! I will help choreograph one small song. I am excited, as I have not been in a play for a long time! We are working with some very talented people. It will be so good! Performances will be the week of June 26-July 1, omitting Wednesday night.
I have been also working on adding some fun memories of Brent to the Family Search. I am feeling pushed to record those memories, as many of them are in my head and no where else. My chemo brain scares me, and I do not want to lose these precious memories! Please feel free to add your own memories of him as well, and enjoy the pictures I posted. There is much more to do, but I have scratched the surface and it feels amazing! It has been hard to remember, but fun to reminisce, I miss him! As you can see, he was incredible!
I love and appreciate all of you!
Lots of love,
Emilie
P.S. I loved this quote from Stake Conference but did not get it written down correctly. A friend sent it to me this week. I think it describes how I feel about Jesus so perfectly! He does not leave us alone! We are loved and supported even though we might not understand his ways. Thank you for always carrying me!
I believe God can move mountains.
I believe if God doesn't move the mountain, he can pick me up and carry me over the mountain.
I believe if God doesn't pick me up and carry me over the mountain, he can give me strength so I can climb over the mountain.
I believe if God doesn't give me strength so I can climb over the mountain, He can send others who can carry me over the mountain.
I believe if God doesn't send others who can carry me over the mountain, He can give me peace on this side of the mountain.
Ryan Meikle
.png)











.jpg)

.jpg)

I'm so thankful for your update. I wish I would have known about the fundraiser! I would have loved to contribute. I feel so out of the loop.... But I am praying for you and it was so good to hear about so many wonderful things going on for you, especially the tender mercies of decreased side effects. Love you!
ReplyDelete